- Please note that these trips are for adults and children travelling together and there must be at least one child under 18 with you.
- Age restrictions apply to this trip: minimum age 10.
- A discount of 10% applies on this trip to children 17 years and under at the time of travel.
- A Single Supplement is available on this trip, please ask your booking agent for more information.
- Costa Rica is a tropical country so rain can be excepted at any time. The rainy season in Costa Rica runs from May – November. While July and some of August does experience dry spells, families need to be prepared for the rain. Rain does usually come in the afternoons and it can pour. So you will need to be prepared with wet weather gear. Hurricane season in this region is June to November, when landslides, mudslides, flooding and disruptions to essential services can occur. Intrepid monitors any situations that arise, and may need to change itineraries or activities in response to these natural weather occurrences.
- Many hotels outside of San Jose have been built further out from the centre of town so travellers can enjoy the countryside, rainforests and views, where people can wake up to birds not cars. Many of the hotels we use are in such locations.
- Costa Rican food is known for being fairly mild, with high reliance on fresh fruit and vegetables. Rice and black beans are a staple of most traditional Costa Rican meals. Meals in Costa Rican are more expensive than its neighbouring countries.